Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cover # 6



This is cover number six.

It’s the last cover that Christi has done that is prepared for publication, because the next covers are for things that are either being written, or have been written but are awaiting acceptance or rejection by various publications.

This cover represents the first time I’ve ventured away from my two series, Nicholas Turner and Justice Security.  I wanted to do something different, something that might be “sellable” in a magazine format.  And I had always enjoyed the song, “The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald”, so I came up with a story for it, suggesting that a large commercial fishing vessel had been named after the well-known ship that went down in the Great Lakes years ago.  Then, when I read about the Fukushima nuclear reactor leaking radioactive water into the Pacific, my story “jelled”, or came together.

Of course, when I wrote it, I only knew of two magazines that might accept submissions from me, and I gave up after the second rejection.  If I had known then what I know now…but I drift from my topic.

The cover, again designed by my sweet, artistic wife, displays a ship in peril by something huge, with glowing red eyes.

It fits the story, and is just creepy enough for Halloween, don’t you think?  And it’s now an Audiobook performed by the talented Patrick Peterson, available at Amazon.com, Audible.com, and, soon, at iTunes.




Keep reading!

Michael  (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment