Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Patience, Patience, Patience



Patience, patience, patience.

I have to keep saying that to myself.

I have 4 stories out right now, awaiting acceptance or rejection.  They are:  Gold, Hot Child In The City, Saturday In The Park – A Justice Security Short Story, and Don’t Come Around Here No More – A Tale Of Sardis County.

The wait is horrible!  Some of these take months before I hear anything.  That is hard, knowing that I have completed stories in the pipeline, just waiting for YOU to read them.  But, I have to be patient.

Patience, patience, patience.

Easy to say, soooo hard to do…

I am still waiting to hear your opening line.  My thanks to Ray Pruett for contributing his opening line yesterday.  It was “I woke up choking on vomit.”  Hmmm…Ray says it’s a zombie novel.  Sounds good!

Notice Ray’s sentence:  Short, straight to the point, and written in the first person.  “I” did this, “I” did that.  I haven’t been comfortable enough with my own writing to try a first person story yet, although it does have its uses.  I usually have so much going on in a story, and so much flipping back and forth from scene to scene, that I can’t see writing a Justice Security novel in the first person.  I do like Ray’s opening sentence, however.  The story should be interesting!

How have you started YOUR story?  First person?  Third person?  Tell us all in a comment below!

I can only say what I always say:

Pick up a book, and…

Keep reading!

Michael (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment