Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm Beat!



I’m beat.

Since I finished Don’t Come Around Here No More – A Tale Of Sardis County, I have been mostly vegging out.  I’ve written five stories non-stop since the end of August, and my mind has turned to mush, sort of.

I have two novels going right now that I need to work on:  Junior’s Farm and Hell’s Bells.  I also have some short stories that I need to be working on, too:  MacArthur Park, Eli’s Coming, Eve Of Destruction, The Show Must Go On, Imaginary Lover, and I’m Your Boogie Man, just to name a few.  Of course, every story that I write has the potential to turn into something bigger, but they always start out as short stories.

But, I really need a breather.  Just a short one.  A couple of days.  Really.

Then I’ll get back to the old grind.  I promise.

The funny part of this?  I say that I need a breather, but where will I be later on?  Right here, in front of the computer screen, typing a few words on one story or another.

I don’t have a choice.

Because the stories have gotta come out, or they’ll rattle around inside my head until they drive me crazy.  Crazier, I should say.

I hope it’s the same with you, and your writing.  May the ideas drive you insane until you banish them to paper, or hard drive, or cloud…it's the only way to create!

Keep reading!

Michael  (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment