Friday, November 1, 2013

I Had To Do It!



I had to do it.

I had to accept a part-time job in the real world.

Jules Renard said,Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money.”


That is a true statement.

But, the fact remains that one must eat, and have shelter.  Which leaves only one alternative.

Get a job in the outside world.

So, I did that.  The hours are good, and leave me time to write.  The job is fun, and not too demanding.

I like that.

So, if you make no money…or, not enough…with your writing, you must do what I did, and find something else to do that someone would be willing to give you money to compensate for your time.

Unless, of course, you’re Stephen King, or Janet Evanovich, or James Patterson.

In the meantime, please write a few sentences this weekend.

And keep reading!

Michael (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment