Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Patrick Peterson Made A Funny!



I have to share this with you, because I got a huge laugh out of it!

Patrick Peterson, the voice behind the soon-to-be-out Audiobook for The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, is also handling the narration of Mama Told Me Not To Come – A Justice Security Novel.  He just got the manuscript from which he’ll be performing the book.

I had told him that his talent for voices would be put to good use in this book, because of the many characters introduced in this one.  Now, I’m going to give away a spoiler, so if you haven’t read the book, stop reading here!

The first chapter deals with two teenagers that meet in school, and are gunned down at a party, on their first date, in a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Patrick had begun getting his different voices ready for the characters in the first chapter, and then they were killed.

He said, “Oh man it is like Game of Thrones up in here!”  I started laughing, and couldn’t stop.  I appreciated the comparison to George R. R. Martin, and I told Patrick that I would cheerfully sacrifice even main characters if it furthers the story.

Anyway, you see that Patrick has one heck of a sense of humor…and a sense of fun and adventure, which makes him perfect for this book’s narration!

Keep reading!

Michael  (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment