Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Had A First Today



I had a “first” happen today.

Of course, it’s no secret that after all those years that I spent in radio, all of my stories have their basis in a title, or a snippet of lyrics, or a line from a classic song, and that the stories are named after whatever song inspired it.

But, today I had a first.

As a radio announcer, I was quite used to receiving requests…and I played them when I could.  But, today, for the first time, I had someone request that I write a story inspired by one of their favorite songs.

Now, I’m not naming the song right now.  But, I’m sure the person making the request was thinking of the version of this song by Donna Summer.  I’m thinking of the original version by Richard Harris.  It has many more lyrics that I can put into my mind and allow to “jell” for a while.

But, I think I can do it!

Hmmm…this might open up a whole new can of worms…should be fun!

Keep reading!

Michael (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment