Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cover # 5

The fifth cover that my wife, Christi, designed was for Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - A Justice Security Novel.  I have a story about this book:

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go had not even been conceived when I finished Jackie Blue.  I had planned for the next novel to be the second Nicholas Turner installment, and was attempting to work on that book.  I tend to listen to music as I write, and the song by Wham came on.  I "went into the zone" as I put it, picturing a huge trap at a nightclub, with Joey and a few others trapped inside with the patrons, and the rest of the Justice Security crew outside the club, trying to get past booby traps and strong steel doors and window covers, to rescue those inside.  The only person in their history with deep enough pockets to set a long-term trap like this was their mortal enemy, Esteban Fernandez.  So, Fernandez returned for a second round against Justice Security, and it wasn't even the scheduled return!

In the design, you see a disco ball, with the security badge reflected in it.  Below it is a mirror image of the disco ball, with a machine gun in its reflection.  Perfect!

The cover is pictured below.  As always, keep reading!

Michael  (T. M.)


No comments:

Post a Comment