Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Could I Be Wrong About Unlimited?



You know, I’ve been giving it some thought.

I said that, initially, I really didn’t want to be part of Amazon Unlimited.

My reasoning was that I would have to go back to offering my eBooks as Amazon-exclusive again, which would lock out potential readers that own Nook, or iPad, or other eReaders.

But…that’s not quite the case, is it?

With the advent of tablets, and smart phones, and Kindle reading apps that fit almost all of them, I wouldn’t be disappointing those readers at all, would I?  They can always download the Kindle app for whatever tablet or smart phone they have, and can read my work there.  Heck, I have the Kindle app on my iPhone, my desktop, and my mini-laptop.

And, on my iPhone, I have the iBooks app, Kobo app, the txtr app, and the Nook app…and I’m assuming that most people can do the same thing.

So, maybe being Amazon exclusive isn’t as exclusive as I thought it was.  And, maybe, those readers that I thought were being dis-serviced have access to my work anyway.

So, maybe I’ve been wrong.

I think I’ll let this stew for a couple of days, but I believe that’s probably the route I’m going to take.

So, if you’re interested in my eBooks from an alternate source, NOW would be the time to quickly make your purchase.  By spending your dollars at Barnes & Noble, Apple, or Kobo today or tomorrow, you will convince me to leave my eBooks available at those retailers…otherwise, you’ll find my eBooks at Amazon.

And, none of this affects my paperback editions – they will still be available everywhere that offers them now.

Comments are welcome on this or any of the things addressed in this blog.  Just click “comments” below, and type away!

Visit my new website, too!  I’m kinda proud of it!

And please sign the Change.org petition, if you haven’t already.

And, if you want to really spark your imagination, just…

Keep reading!

Michael (T. M. Bilderback)

No comments:

Post a Comment