Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Couple Of Days Off



I took a couple of days off.

And why not?  I deserved it!

Since about July 4th, I’ve spent every day writing.  And, I mean writing hard.

I’m going to give you a small insight as to how I work, okay?  Every single story that I start writing is a short story.

Yep, every one.

But, things keep building.  I’ve mentioned that none of my works have ever turned out the way I expected them to…that’s why I can’t work with an outline, like some other authors.  I don’t pin myself down to an outline – it’s too much like a high school writing assignment to me, and I don’t follow the darn thing, anyway.

So, yes, every single work that has turned out to be novel length began as a short story.  Then, the characters and situations take over.

So, this almost 42,000-word novel that I’ve just finished on Wednesday, August 13th, started out as a short story, or perhaps a novelette or a novella, and wound up book length.

Let’s see…July 4th to August 13th is forty days.  One novel in forty days.  And, if you think that’s easy, I invite you to try it.  It will frazzle your brain!

Truly, I was motivated.  I had an idea that kept running around in my mind on this one, and the story just clicked.

It has all of your favorite Justice Security characters, they’re after Esteban Fernandez once more, and, again, that’s about all I can say about it.  At least, for right now.

But, this story has some surprises in it.  One big one that I promise you won’t be expecting.

But, since I finished that novel in record time for me, I decided to take a couple of days off, and try to relax.

Now, it’s time to finish some of the other stories that I put on hold for the secret Justice Security story.  Junior’s Farm, the second story in the series, Tales Of Sardis County, will, hopefully, be out within a month or so.  If you read the first Tale, Don’t Come Around Here No More, well…this story is nothing like the first.  It does have a couple of familiar characters, but this Tale is longer, and much more involved.  I think you’ll like it!

Meanwhile, enjoy your weekend, and…

Keep reading!

Michael (T. M. Bilderback)




Change.org Petition

No comments:

Post a Comment