Thursday, November 14, 2013

You Know About Mine



You know about mine.

You can look at the titles of my stories, and you know where my ideas come from.

I spent many years in radio, and the songs that I heard as I played “deejay” were numerous.

I would hear a small piece of lyric, and it would trigger a small idea…or fantasy, if you prefer to call it that.  My mind would drift away, and a tiny piece of story would be born.

Where do your ideas come from?

They could come from anywhere.

If you’re shopping for groceries, they could pop up from simply wondering where milk comes from.  You could create a whole murder mystery, or romance, or adventure story based on something from the milk industry.

You could take a look at the magazines while you’re grocery shopping, and have an idea that takes root, of a story that has to do with publishing.

You could be a child care worker, or a policeman, or a firefighter.  You could get ideas for fiction or nonfiction, simply from the things that you do every day.

Mine came from songs and music.

Where do yours come from?

Keep reading!

Michael  (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment