Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Really Hard



It’s really hard for me.

I enjoy talking about stories that I have that are in progress, but I feel as if I’m putting the cart before the horse.

Take the short stories that are in waiting right now:  Gold, Hot Child In The City, Saturday In The Park, MacArthur Park, and Don’t Come Around Here No More.  They’re all finished and awaiting decisions by others as to whether they fit into various publications…or new ebook imprints.

As a result, I have to have patience…but it’s very hard.

I have two novels in progress right now:  Hell’s Bells – A Nicholas Turner/Justice Security Novel, and Junior’s Farm – A Tale Of Sardis County.  I’m working on another story, and I’m not sure if it’s going to be a novella or a novel – it’s going to be longer than an average short story, that’s for sure!  It’s called I’m Your Boogie Man – A Tale Of Sardis County, and it is most assuredly not about dancing…

Junior’s Farm is going to be interesting.  It’s a romance/adventure story, and should be fun!

Hell’s Bells is two things:  the long-time-coming sequel to If You Could Read My Mind, and my long-planned team-up between Nicholas Turner and Justice Security.

I’m not saying anything about I’m Your Boogie Man, except that it will be exciting.

But, I don’t want to talk about them too much, because longer stories and books have a tendency to take a while to finish.

Then again, maybe they’re worth the wait.  And the more I talk about them, the more enthusiastic I become.  I hope I share that enthusiasm with you, because if you’re reading this blog, you’re bound to have read at least one of my short stories…and, I hope, liked it!

Keep reading!

Michael (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment