Friday, November 1, 2013

Bibliography - What It Means To Me!



Bibliography.

A fifty-cent word that means “all the stories an author has written”.

Occasionally, I’m asked if there is any certain order that my stories should be read.

Yes and no.

I’ve tried to keep each story as a “stand-alone”, individual story.  With one “sort-of” exception:  The end of Mama Told Me Not To Come is supposed to lead directly into Jackie Blue.  However, I wrote Jackie Blue as a “stand-alone” novel that, hopefully, didn’t require the reader to have read Mama Told Me Not To Come…or even If You Could Read My Mind.  A character from If You Could Read My Mind makes a comforting cameo appearance at the end of Jackie Blue.  However, the reader's enjoyment is multiplied if they have read Mama Told Me Not To Come.  It just isn't required.

Now, having said all that, it definitely helps to have read all of the stories in order:

1.       If You Could Read My Mind
2.      Mama Told Me Not To Come
3.      Someone Saved My Life Tonight
4.      Jackie Blue
5.      Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
6.      Saturday In The Park (Waiting for acceptance or rejection by publications)
7.      MacArthur Park (Being written now)

Those are the stories in the “Nicholas Turner” and “Justice Security” series.  Both series take place in the same unnamed city, and a team-up between the two is in the works now, and is called Hell’s Bells.  They are all listed in the order in which they were written, and I suggest that the reader read them in order, but it isn’t necessary to do so.

I do have other stories that are definitely “stand-alone”:
1.       The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
2.      Gold
3.      Hot Child In The City
4.      Don’t Come Around Here No More

Those are the only four that I can talk about, because they are all available to you, or are being considered for various publications, and will be soon available to you.  I have others in the works that I have mentioned here previously, but I’m not going to talk much about them…yet.

A word about MacArthur Park:  It was a request, to see if I could actually come up with a story for that song.  I credit Patrick Peterson, the narrator for The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald and Mama Told Me Not To Come, for passing along the suggestion from one of his co-workers.

I think that Patrick’s friend will enjoy the story.  It’s a Justice Security story, but it’s a story with unexpected twists.  I’m having a ball writing it!

Okay.  I’ll shut up now.

Keep reading!

Michael  (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment