Friday, December 27, 2013

What A Year!



This year, 2013, is rapidly drawing to a close.

I hope that, with this blog, you have been able to use what I’ve offered here to begin writing, and that you have grown more confident and comfortable with what you’ve written.

One of the best things about writing is that no matter what you write, somebody somewhere will read it, and enjoy it, and look forward to more from you.  It doesn’t matter whether it’s fiction, nonfiction, or instructional.

2013 has been a productive year for me.  I’ve finished six short stories, a novella, a novel, and have several thousand words written for two other novels.  I began this blog, both to promote my work, and to encourage you to begin writing.  This year has also seen the production of my writings into audiobooks, with two talented narrators taking the reins of these stories, and bringing them to life.

I offer my heartfelt thanks to both of those narrators, Scott O’Neill and Patrick Peterson, for the wonderful jobs they have done. 

Scott O’Neill has produced Someone Saved My Life Tonight and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, and is working on Jackie Blue and If You Could Read My Mind.

Patrick Peterson has produced Mama Told Me Not To Come and The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, and is working on The Little Drummer Boy.

Still to come for your reading pleasure are these titles:  Gold, Saturday In The Park, Hot Child In The City, MacArthur Park, and Don’t Come Around Here No More.

Coming novels include Junior’s Farm and Hell’s Bells.

I had decided that after I finished The Little Drummer Boy, I was going to take a break until after the first of the year.  I don’t think I can make it that long, so I probably will be writing on Junior’s Farm within the next couple of days.

Most of all, I’d like to thank you, the reader, with a hearty, grateful shout!  Without you opening your wallet and spending your hard-earned money on my books and stories, I would be mostly writing to please myself.

The best advice for the new year that I can offer is:

Keep reading!

Michael (T. M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment