Saturday, September 13, 2014

Time For A Decision



Since I’ve blown my secret of being an introvert, I’ve made a couple of decisions.

One of the things about being a writer and an introvert is that I can hide behind my books, my blogs, and my posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

But, I’m taking it a step further.

I’m going to start writing a few stories under a pen name.

My normal stories are basically written with my real name.  The “T. M.” initials in “T. M. Bilderback” stand for “Thomas Michael”…basically, my full name.  My dad writes as “T. Whitman Bilderback”, and the T. there stand for Thomas as well.  We have the same first name, but different middle names.  I’ve always been “Michael” because of it, and that’s why you often see me sign things as “Michael”.

But my new pen name is totally different than my real name.

I’ve created it for a reason, of course.  I wanted to write things other than my normal stuff.  I wanted to explore some projects that have nothing to do with Justice Security, Sardis County, or Nicholas Turner.  I love those series, by the way, and those that have read them mostly love them, too.  Most of my novels have at least a 4 stars out of 5 rating from those that have reviewed them, and I’m quite proud of that.  And it’s usually easy for me to write one of the series books, because I know the characters so well.

But, along the same lines, I’d like to write a few things that aren’t series-related, and I want to write those for two reasons.

The first reason is that I won’t be naming them after song titles.  They’ll be named after something in the stories.  Naming stories and novels after song titles is what T. M. Bilderback does, not what the other name will do.

The second reason is that I want to write one-shot stories in different genres.  Maybe I’m writing a historical fiction piece.  Or a romance.  Or a western.  Or…well, you get the idea.  I want them to stand alone, on their own merits, with a new name…that won’t be pre-judged, if that makes sense.

So, there you have it.  And, no, I won’t be hinting at the new name, and I won’t be promoting the stories written under the new name in this blog.

They will sink or swim on their own.

And the writing will keep going so that you can…

Keep reading!

Michael (T. M. Bilderback)




Change.org Petition

No comments:

Post a Comment