Wednesday, April 19, 2017

New Territory



New territory.

Every author that has a long-running series tries to cover new territory every so often, even while keeping things the same.

The action may take place in new territory, or events may cover new territory that the characters have never covered in previous stories, or emotions that are new have come to be exposed.

It’s all new territory.

I’ve just finished the eleventh Justice Security story, Hell’s Bells. Hell’s Bells is also a Nicholas Turner story, and brings him fully into the Justice Security universe.

With Hell’s Bells, I wanted to cover new territory with the Justice Security crew…and with Nicholas Turner as well.

I think I’ve accomplished the exploration of new territory rather well, and left open paths that will allow even more exploration of those new territories in later stories.

Belief in a hereafter, loss, grief, heroics in the face of certain death, and a new sense of purpose and family…all of these things are in this story, and I hope are done well. I hope that, when you read this story, you’ll feel all of the things that the characters in the story are feeling…and maybe understand why they feel the way they do. And when their own understanding and acceptance comes, maybe you’ll see that, sometimes, a path can be changed simply by a wrong choice…or by just enough faith.

Hell’s Bells should have been much longer. It should have been an epic tome that would take weeks to enjoy.

But it isn’t.

The story moves at a brisk pace, and the story lets itself be told quickly.

I hope that you’ll find it powerful and moving.

Hell’s Bells – A Justice Security/Nicholas Turner Novel releases live on July 31st. The print edition will release sooner, and I hope that there will be an audiobook edition soon as well. It will be available for pre-order soon.

Watch for it. And, please…

Keep reading!

T. M. Bilderback (But you can call me Michael)

Follow me on Twitter:  @mrtmbilderback

Check me out on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/TMBilderback

And sign up for my newsletter: https://tinyletter.com/tmbilderback

No comments:

Post a Comment