Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Authors United Strikes Again!



Authors United is up to more nonsense…makes for a great way to start a blog, doesn’t it?

Doug Preston and his cohorts have apparently written another letter to the Attorney General, or somebody in government. Again, they’re whining about the terrible Amazon threat against their million$ paid to them by big publishing...blah, blah, blah. Joe Konrath has taken them on, and he has done it much better than I could ever dream.

But, guess what?

I’m not going to talk about that. I just wanted you to look!

I think the term you're looking for is...click-bait. LOL

No, this entry is going to be about this long, draining summer.

I’ve said that I’ve gotten three new short stories written, and I have. Eli’s Coming is a light twisty story about a demon that feeds on heartache, and Heart Of Glass is the follow-up story to The Lion Sleeps Tonight, featuring Colonel Quentin James Abernathy. This tale is about his World War 2 adventure in North Africa, and the unusual wedding dowry he is given when he asks to marry the woman of his dreams. The third short story is going to remain nameless, because it was written for my pen name. It will appear this year, but I can’t tell you any more about it without blowing my pen name...

I’ve written a bit on I’m Your Boogie Man – A Tale Of Sardis County, and I’ve gotten some writing done on the debut novel for my new pen name.

And that’s all I’ve gotten done.

It’s been tough this summer. The heat in Tennessee has taken a huge toll – it’s been as humid as the stinking tropics here – and some family issues have worried me to the point of distraction…so distracted that I’m glad I’ve written as much as I have.

Also, some negativity from a certain online discussion board(s) and a private chat group have also led to distraction.

However, the family situation is resolved for now, and there was a slight break in the heat today. I’ve avoided posting at the discussion board, and most other places as well. I don’t really feel that I need to participate in those areas. I’m quite capable of speaking with YOU through this blog, or my Facebook page, or on Twitter, or through the “contact me” part of my website. I enjoy hearing from fans.

Having said that, I now say this:

I gotta get some writin’ done!

Yep, I’ve dillied and dallied long enough. I have a minimum of two novels to finish before the end of the year. I have more that I need to write in the Justice Security series, and in the Sardis County series. I have a total of six novels to write for my pen name series. All of this needs to be done within the next couple of years.

I better get busy, hadn’t I?

All this, just so you can…

Keep reading!

T. M. Bilderback (But you can call me Michael)

Visit my website: www.tmbilderback.com

Follow me on Twitter:  @mrtmbilderback

Check me out on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/TMBilderback

No comments:

Post a Comment