Monday, June 15, 2015

I See Something SHINY!



I have a problem.

I know, I know – so does everyone else.

But, I have one that only a writer can understand.

I often have four or five writing projects going at once. Now, this is a great idea for a writer…when you tire of one thing, or if you run up against a wall that you need time to think about, you can write for a while on another story. Great way to stay busy.

But.

It doesn’t always work that way. At least, not for me.

I will find myself either concentrating on only one of the projects, or none at all.

At times, one story will capture my attention, and I have to finish it while the idea is fresh, and the story is flowing. I tend to put everything else on the back burner while I do this.

At other times, I will catch myself avoiding all of them, because my mind is cluttered up with the ideas.

Those are the times when you can often catch me with music playing (hits from the 60s, 70s, and 80s) in the background. It helps me regain focus on the story that I need to be writing at that time.

I’ve promised only one other story this year – the third story from the Tales Of Sardis County, titled I’m Your Boogie Man. But I seem to be writing on several other things which have captured my attention.

I’ve finished a short story for my new pen name, and I’m working on the first book in a six-book series for that pen name. I’m writing on two other shortish stories under my own name. And I’m writing on Boogie Man.

Meanwhile, the gears in the back of my mind are turning with the next Justice Security novel, the fourth Sardis County novel, and the second pen name novel. And another short story.

I need to focus, and focus quickly, on the Sardis County novel. I’d like to get it done sometime this year…LOL

If you’re a writer, and your mind works like this, you know how complicated it can sometimes get. The ideas overwhelm you, and the speed of your typing remains the same – slow as molasses in January! Or, at least it seems to be that slow…

I’ll get done what I need to get done, and I’ll get it done a lot faster than it seems…it’s just that – ooo, look! Shiny!

See what I mean?

Well, that’s my problem. I just hope that you…

Keep reading!

T. M. Bilderback (But you can call me Michael)

Visit my website: www.tmbilderback.com

Follow me on Twitter:  @mrtmbilderback

Check me out on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/TMBilderback

No comments:

Post a Comment